Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween Treat

Elsie wrote in an email:
We had some little candy bars left over from Halloween treats, so I decided to try a tiny Snicker's bar! Much to my surprise on the bottom of the candy was a cute Zentangle surprise. I've attached a photo of the wraper and the candy bar bottom!


This is a great example of one of Zentangle's wonderful side-effects: an increased awareness and appreciation of pattern and design that was previously overlooked.
 
We will often hear from new Zentangle practitioners that all of a sudden they are noticing and enjoying a beauty that's always been there, but never "seen"–just like this version of our tangle static.
 
Thanks so much for sending that, Elsie! 
 
Click images for larger views.

1 comment:

Elsie Hickey Wilson said...

Oh, what a delightful surprise to see my shared Snickers Zentangle posted on the blog! Oh, yes, you see Zentangles EVERYWHERE! My DH knows that I will stop in my tracks anywhere to take my mini-camera out of my purse to snap a photo of a design! I've even heard my family remark, "Oh, don't let Mama go into that room, we'll never get her out!" LOL!
Happy Tangling, Elsie
Elsie Hickey Wilson