Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shades of . . .

We received this note from Sue, who is coming to our February CZT training.
Hi Rick and Maria.

I wanted to let you know that I have received your letter about the upcoming seminar. I am really looking forward to it! My husband was so impressed when he saw the envelope in the mail. It was kind of hard to actually open the envelope - I didn't want to rip it!

I am planning on flying in on Monday and spending a day with my sister.

I also wanted to show you the Zentagle I did yesterday while my husband was excitedly watching the football game. He was really excited that I could do that. By the way - He wanted me to offer our condolences on the Patriots loss.

See you soon,

Sue


Cool technique of creating something from nothing and enhancing it with shading. This is a great example of a basic Zentangle technique of always drawing behind - in this case, behind nothing. Thanks for sending that, Sue. We look forward to meeting you in February.

Tell your husband, "Thanks, and good luck with the Packers."

For those interested, there is still space available in our February CZT training. Email us if you have questions.

Click image for larger view.

5 comments:

LyndaKay said...

The football image is so clever! I must try that with my fav. sports logos. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carole Ohl said...

I like the idea of "drawing behind nothing! I love the way the shading makes the "nothing" float above the tangles. Nice!

And Sue, I'm excited for you that you are attending the upcoming seminar. If I could do it all over again, I would! It's a wonderful experience.

Shelly Beauch said...

Husband excitedly watching football, wife happily tangling ...... sounds like our house!

Kit @ Dreamscribe said...

I'm tangling behind the Bears - go Bears!! And the Jets (don't forget the Jets). Tanglers and sport... who knew?! [LOL] It will be early next football season before I get to Whitinsville... but I've got my USA visa all organised! Already excited. xoxo

je said...

I'd LOVE to attend a seminar, but I teach and can't get away during the school year. PLEASE consider having a summer workshop. PLEASE! : * )

Lovely Zentangle here by Sue.